Well, it’s been forever since I’ve written one of these. I had such good intentions too. But the speed of life got in the way and I closed my eyes to the little everyday blessings. Yes, I know. It’s the little things that create joy in life. I just haven’t felt much joy lately. Maybe it’s the weather…Yeah, I’ll blame it on the weather. It’s certainly not my attitude.
1. Army Guy is home from hell. If you missed the posts, here is one of them. And here is the daddy-daughter reunion. We all can breathe a little easier now… until the next time he’s called up. But a lot can happen between now and then. For now, we’ll work on catching him up to speed on everything he missed.
2. Spontaneous dinners with friends. Actually had two of these this week. Hey…can I count this one as two? Or would that be cheating. Yeah, I thought so. Anyway, one was a Tuesday surprise invitation to our favorite sumptuous, white-tablecloth steak restaurant, and the other was a last minute Friday celebration at TGIFriday’s. Good friends, good fun and great food.
3. The Olympics. Winter games don’t usually hold my interest. I’m more a summer Olympics person. But this year, I seem to be watching more and more of the games…voluntarily. It’s exciting to think the USA might break their medal record this time around. And the personal stories of many of the athletes have fascinated me. And wine helps.
4. Winter reads. I have the books, but no trifecta snow storm. I just finished all four books in the Twilight series. More on that one later. I’ve started Dan Brown’s latest, The Lost Symbol, and am wondering just how fast and loose he’ll play with history this time around. He’s a great storyteller. I just wish he didn’t falsify so many of the facts. Waiting in the wings is Fireproof and one I just picked up about world religions. If I’m anything, it’s diverse.
5. A full-time faculty position teaching advertising has opened up at the local university. I’m going to throw my hat in the ring and see what happens. I’ve waited 5 years for this opportunity and here it is! More on this in a post soon to come.
Hopefully it won’t be a month before I see five more good things!