What would summer be without a game of tag?
Cyber-blog tag is back and making the rounds again. But, did it every really go away? I first got hit on Facebook a few years ago and then Jane caught me last year. Now, again when I wasn’t looking, Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind tagged me for 25 things I’m sure all of you are dying to know about me. I really do need to run faster.
So here’s the list you’ve all been waiting for…drum roll puleeeezzee…
25. Early in our marriage, Entrepreneur and I bought a 1936 Pontiac. He restored much of it and turned it into a street car. We entered it into a few car shows and had a great time riding around town in it…as long as it wasn’t raining. The windshield wipers didn’t really work well and there was a leak somewhere in the dashboard that filled the floor with water!
24. Also, early in our marriage, we owned a mud racer. Technically “we” owned it but obviously I did nothing with it but watch it race. Entrepreneur and his brother were responsible for all the manly, dirty, expensive stuff that goes along with racing.
23. I don’t eat swamp food. I’ve said this before but it bears repeating.
22. I’m a right brain person. If you want to see me sink into the depths of depression, make me work in Excel.
21. I had back surgery in 2005 for a ruptured disc. It was a relatively new procedure in this area at that time called an arthroscopic microdiscectomy and I traveled to Kansas City to have it done. I walked (upright) out of the surgery center and rode home for 2 hours the same day. I was back to work in 3 weeks.
20. Next month I will have been married to the same person for 30 years.
19. I’m a Digital Immigrant. It’s amazing to me how many of my same-age relatives and friends cannot figure out the social networking thing. Age is not a catch-all excuse for just being too lazy to learn something new.
18. This exercise is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.
17. I’m a dark chocolate chocoholic.
16. I’m also a stress eater…refer to #17.
15. I honestly don’t understand all the hype around Coach purses. I have two Coach-addicted daughters and can’t for the life of me see why they literally swoon every time they walk into the Coach outlet store.
14. I’m O-negative and the Red Cross loves me.
13. I’ve never colored my hair. Highlighted…yes. Color…no.
12. I love to read apologetic books.
11. I didn’t learn how to roller skate until I was in junior high school.
10. I dropped out of Girl Scouts around the fourth grade, but ended up a Camp Fire USA youth leader for 10 years.
9. I’ve moved 9 times in 3 states.
8. I never flew on a plane until I was 22 years old…and then to Hawaii!
7. I don’t have a favorite color. I’m an equal-opportunity-96-crayon-box person.
6. I don’t like wearing shoes, but love to buy them.
5. I’m reaching now, but the Meyers Briggs personality test thinks I’m an ENFP (Extroverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceptive) person. I’m okay with that.
4. I teach college-age advertising students as an adjunct instructor and think it may be the most perfect job in the world.
3. I want to retire…soon. Very soon.
2. I have 843 songs in my iTunes library at work.
1. I worry too much about my kids’ safety and happiness.
So many I would have tagged have already been caught! But, now I will tag……
The Depp Effect: rescues “retired” greyhounds and loves all things Johnny Depp. The ABC Wednesday posts about her beloved greyhounds will have you smiling all week long.
Luna’s Secrets: is a new read for me and I love her style and photography. I think we really have quite a lot in common.
Slam Dunk: His updates on missing persons and other strange happenings keep me shaking my head about humankind in disbelief. On the flip side, he’s a fabulous dad with small people he loves dearly.
Big Little Wolf: Wolfie hits the nail on the head with everything she writes. I think she may spend her spare time living in my head.
Diary of a Virgin Novelist: Rebecca is a writer living in Brooklyn. Her thoughts about writing and books are always fun and insightful. She is quirky and brings a unique perspective to life.
All of them are wonderful Break in the Day reads. Check them out now.
Note to the tagees: If you’ve already done this, feel free to just ignore me!