Welcome to Round 8 of ABC Wednesday. The meme was started by Mrs. Denise Nesbitt, and people from all over the world come together to play and share their entries. Each week word(s) beginning with the designated letter are selected and woven into a post.
This time around, I’ll be taking each letter and pairing it with a personal experience or life lesson; hopefully with a photo, but I’m not promising anything. When thinking about B-day, I thought of babies, belief, BFFs…and then the answer was oh so obvious.
Yes, today, Wednesday, January 26th is my birth day. Some of you already know how old this day makes me, but for those that don’t, here are some clues to get you at least in the right decade.
- I wore a POW bracelet in junior high school
- I was in elementary school when Beatlemania hit America
- At a tween, I was too young to attend Woodstock
- I cruised around in high school to The Beach Boys (the original group) on 8-track tapes
- I watched the Apollo 11 moon landing
- I had a collection of troll dolls
- Twiggy was a fashion icon
- I watched American Bandstand religiously, along with Rowen and Martin’s Laugh In, I Dream of Jeanie, My Favorite Martian and Bewitched
- I didn’t grow up with a microwave, cordless phone or TV remote control
- In high school, I listened to Paul Simon come up with 50 ways to leave his lover while Wings played silly love songs.
- I saw the original releases of Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Animal House and Sound of Music
- My first car was a Pontiac LeMans, green with a landau top with only a radio
- I saw the Kansas City Chiefs play in Municipal Stadium, at 18th and Vine
Well, you get the general idea. My, how the world has changed. OMG, how I’ve changed. I’d like to think for the better, but that remains to be seen. I certainly don’t feel as old as the calendar says I am. But, then, who defines how one should feel at any given age anyway? 🙂
I leave ABC Wednesday with an adorable photo of a little one-year-old baby and my her parents.
To find more ABC Wednesday fun from around the globe, click the logo in my sidebar. Hope to see you next week!