Carol over at Wandering of an Elusive Mind has given me some bloggy recognition, and very kind words. Carol is an amazing woman who inspires me with her ability to face life’s challenges with grace and patience. If you don’t know Carol, now would be a good time to introduce yourself.
Go ahead. I’ll wait.
Well, like I said, she’s so kindly included me in her list of recipients. The requirements for accepting this award are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. Check.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. Check.
3. State 7 things about yourself. Check.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this blog and link to them.
It’s customary here at my place to open these awards up for self-nomination and acceptance. So, if you read and comment here often, please, please, please consider yourself nominated!
5. Notify these bloggers of the nomination and the awards’ requirements. See above.
Seven things about myself that I haven’t already covered? This may be a bit TMI, but let’s see if I can find something to say…..
7. I was born and grew up in Kansas City, Missouri. My first home was 6202 E. 96th Street. It was on a slight hill and I think I remember strawberries in the backyard by the fence. I remember yucca bushes planted around the house because I cut myself on them more than once. When I was starting third grade, we moved to 11301 Summit; a home my parents designed and built. We were one of the first houses on the block and I remember playing on the huge dirt piles made every time a new foundation was dug. Wow! I can’t believe I remember those addresses after all these years!
6. My least favorite month is August. By August, the cool, grassy lawns are pretty much burnt to a crisp. The heat and humidity in middle Missouri becomes unbearable and all I can think about are the cooler days of Autumn…which are still 2 months away.
5. Over the years I’ve taken those inane personality tests for various job-related reasons. The most interesting one is the Meyers Briggs test. According to those experts, I’m an ENFP, which is supposedly a less-common combination of letters with only 8% of the population having this type of personality. The acronym means I’m an extraverted, intuitive, feeling and perceptive person. Or, in psychology-speak, I’m an extrovert that views the world primarily via my intuition…and deal with things according to how I feel about them, or how they fit in with my personal value system.
4. My favorite time of day would have to be evening. In warmer weather, to sit on the patio after work, relaxing with a glass of wine is heavenly. When the weather is cold or rainy, to curl up inside after a long day with a blanket with said glass of wine is almost as good.
3. I’ve taken cross-country trips in cars, planes and trains. I’ve never taken the bus on a long trip, nor do I ever intent to do so.
2. I tolerate most any chore around the house, except ironing. I absolutely hate to iron. I’ve been known to leave the clothes in the laundry room until they are out of season just so I don’t have to iron them. But then I discovered Downy Wrinkle Release. Best. Product. Ever.
1. I’d have to say my favorite color is any version of red. With teal a close second. As a 96-crayon box person, this is a ridiculous statement, but that’s my answer and I’m stickin’ with it.
Done. Now, go ahead and take the award for yourself and share a bit of trivia with the rest of us!
And now for a bit of randomness. Because it’s in my DNA to post photos, I leave you with a sign of the season. The snow is gone and with all the water left behind, we now usher in…
Mud Puppy Season!
This year, times three.