I love anything that blooms in the winter. The indoor winter bulbs like amaryllis and narcissus always make me smile. When forced inside, they bloom at just the right time to bring a smile and fill me with hope of warmer days. And obviously their sole purpose is to be photography opportunities.
• What did I find, uncover and discover this week? Well, I guess I learned a lesson from The Golfer. She moved home a couple months ago from Florida only to move back this past Monday for a suweeeet position as a project manager with a golf foundation she really likes. The lesson she taught me at the beginning of this new year can best be summed up with this quote:
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Carl Bard
May all our journeys to make a new endings be successful.
Other random thoughts this week are:
• The stubbornness of five-year-old Peanut is directly related to how off-schedule we are at any given moment. The more behind schedule we are, the more independent, stubborn and uncooperative she is!
• Oh my, I forgot how much prep is needed before I begin my adjunct teaching gig again! My Blackboard site has been overhauled and all documents are finally current for 2014. Whew….I’m exhausted.
• I got my first shellac mani/pedi this past week, compliments of Entrepreneur for Christmas. I have to say it’s amazing that the nails are completely dry when you leave! It’s suppose to last a couple weeks or so. Well see. I’ve already had to go back in and have them fix one nail where the shellac chipped off. 😦
• The Investigator is coming down the home stretch in her pregnancy. Evidently, Twix is anxious to join us because she’s constantly pushing on Mama from the inside out! Based on her activity, Mama is
hoping expecting her to make her entrance earlier than the due date of late February.
As a last note, the bokeh background in the first photo is a shot of my Christmas tree lights used as a texture over the amaryllis and processed with soft light. Ta Da!!