Well, here we are at Friday again! Can you believe it’s already the middle of January?Where does the time go? And if it’s Friday, it must be time for Nancy’s Random 5 Friday list and Kim’s Friday Finds.
My find this week is that I noticed people fell into two camps during the Polar Vortex event. They either groused and complained or found some way to embrace the situation and make the best of it. I hope I fell into the latter, but when I ran across this quote, I thought it personified that attitude perfectly. The only question is….what sort of song did they find to sing? 🙂
My Random 5:
1. The shellac manicure I got on January 4th ended with the salon re-doing all my nails. Re-doing because in the course of one week, the shellac peeled off four nails. After my second trip in for a repair, come to find out the manicurist missed a step. Duh.
2. Entrepreneur and I are getting ready to jet outta here to sunny Arizona for a few days of warmth! And we’re taking Peanut with us so Mama and Daddy can have a weekend together before Twix makes her appearance. We’re going to visit one of the great-grandmas and check out the Phoenix zoo.
3. The Investigator will begin her weekly doctor’s appointments next week! Only about 5 weeks to go! She’s already packed her hospital bag, has the infant carseat in the van and is washing baby clothes. In addition, she’s sewing new baby blankets. Does this count as *nesting*?
4. The Golfer started her new job in Florida this week. She’s scored a new laptop, golf shoes and shirts. I think it’s ironic that she fled the Midwest because of the cold and her area has had some freeze warnings since she’s been back. I’m now back to stalking her on Facebook for updates.
5. I’ve been having some super crazy dreams lately. I can’t even blame them on spicy food. They defy any remotely logical interpretation, and evaporate from my memory in seconds. As soon as I wake up I think, what a weird dream, and then minutes later I can’t remember them to save my soul!
I hope you all have a warmer weekend and are successful in always finding a joyful song to sing!