Problems are only opportunities with thorns on them.
Does it seem like life is an endless parade of challenges? Why can’t anything ever be easy? Roadblocks, detours, change of plans, absent-mindedness….what was I saying?….oh yeah, those thorns that make prickly our so very well-made plans. Maybe it’s just this incessant cold weather, but I’ve also found myself in more of a prickly mood lately.
My Friday Find this week is from the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden. Perhaps it personifies my mood of late. I hope I can figure out how to adjust my attitude and see those thorns in my side as opportunities.
Now, on to my Random 5:
1. Where in the world did January go? Wasn’t Christmas just a couple of weeks ago? Honestly, the days seem to drag, but the months absolutely fly by these days. How is that even possible?
2. Sometimes I simply can’t stand auto-correct. More often than not, I spend more time going back to change a word the infinite-powers-that-be decided I meant….which wasn’t. And it really irritates me when I type in the word I want…and the @#$% program changes it back to what it was before! Yes, Microsoft Word, I’m talking to you.
3. I’m done with winter. This Polar Vortex thing (or Alberta Clipper…or whatever the stylish term for cold front is now) has really soured my disposition. Since I cannot wish for a good old-fashioned, OMG-close-the-city snowstorm because The Investigator is so close to baby delivery, I think I’d rather have an early spring…preferably next week.
4. Spending a long weekender in Phoenix reinforced my opinion I really wouldn’t make a good Southwest Retiree. The desert landscape is really not my thing, although some of the flowers in the botanical garden were very nice….as cacti go. My skin, lips and eyes were so uncomfortably dry all weekend….and it wasn’t even hot. I can’t even imagine what summer would be like.
5. I need another book to read. John Grisham’s most recent release, Sycamore Row, would do nicely. I just finished Crazy Busy: A (Mercifully) Short Book about a (Really) Big Problem by Kevin DeYoung. Yes, I realize the obvious juxtaposition here.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!