Hello, and hope you all had a good week. Mine was a mixed bag, as usual. Some highs, some lows. That’s pretty much normal, isn’t it? But life goes on and it becomes a matter of how we react to those lows that really define us, isn’t it?
1. Well, March came in like a lion to middle Missouri. Titan was the name of this winter storm, and while the weather guessers didn’t get the snowfall accurate, there was enough ice to make for a driving mess. We didn’t leave the driveway from Saturday noon to Monday morning just to be on the safe side. This coming week’s
teaser promise of temps in the 50sF can’t come soon enough.
2. Last Saturday afternoon we decided to go ahead and have The Investigator’s baby sprinkle and hope Titan would hold off until it was finished. This was rescheduled from February’s original date because of the last winter storm. Titan did oblige. A baby sprinkle is not a full-blown shower, but people come and bring a few of the essentials a new mom needs for her second child….and a few new, cute things for the baby, because every girl a few new, cute things. We also got an updated shot of four generations together in one place….and smiling at the same time.
3. Been having some fun with nail art the past few weeks. I’ve done snowflakes, aqua/black/silver stripes and black/gold tiger stripes. Still getting the hang of painting details with my left hand. Yes boys and girls, cabin fever is in full force.
4. My Strategic Communications capstone class is going fairly well. Only one PIA client out of three. The teams are amazingly on schedule and I’m cautiously optimistic. Yesterday the teams gave in-class presentations in front of some of my industry professional friends who
tore apart their proposed ideas offered constructive criticism and feedback on their strategic plans so far. Encore in two weeks.
5. Tanner really needs a bath. I’m hoping to hit a warm day soon so he can have a spa day. In winter, that involves taking him to the local farm and home store’s doggie wash, soaping him up, brushing him out and blow drying him as dry as I can get him. Think of it as a manual, coin-operated car wash….for dogs. Brilliant.
Hmmmm, haven’t seen one of these for a while……
Those are my random finds for the week. Hope yours was a good one.