Kim’s Friday Finds are where we go to share snippets of what we’ve discovered and uncovered in the past week. My find today is best put into a collage for March. Still cold, windy and rainy most of the month, not much venturing outside happened….we stayed inside surrounded by the warmth of family. The trees and flowers were not giving up their spring color just yet. The Investigator celebrated a birthday and most of our time was centered around the babykins.
So today I want to share some family quotes that sum up our month. A month that came in like a lion, but was full of sweet, lamb-like moments that I’m thankful we didn’t miss.
At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable. ~Mark V. Olsen and Will Sheffer, Big Love, “Easter”
Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life! ~Albert Einstein
To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. ~Barbara Bush
Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted. ~Paul Pearshall
And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen. ~Terri Guillemets
Now, on to Nancy’s Random Five Friday!
1. Last Saturday was *cut down trees* day. Entrepreneur felled a couple of trees that didn’t survive the winter and one to open up the canopy so grass would grow in an area that continually washes out. Peanut counted the annual rings on the largest one and we estimated it was about 25 years old.
2. Twix is two month old this week. She’s come a long way from the 3-week-early preemie she was last month. She’s more social and will actually make eye contact when being held…which is all. the. time! At around 9 pounds, she’s grown out of most of her newborn sleepers.
3. It was a bumpy week with the warm/cold fronts doing battle and colliding overhead. Temps ranged from 40s to 70s causing more stormy weather…and more tornado watches.
4. The veggie garden in the backyard still lies dormant. Entrepreneur made a first run through it with the tiller, but it needs a lot more work before it’s ready for planting. Hope we can get
our act together seeds in sooner than last year.
5. This week was Crazy Week at Peanut’s school and activities ranged fro Crazy Hair Monday to Pajama Thursday. Wednesday was Favorite Team Day, and she knew exactly what she wanted to wear! I think the purple and silver pom-pons are an especially nice touch.
Hope you all have a fantastical weekend!
Linking up with Friday Finds and Random Five Friday