PJ’s theme for January was Games. Most of my ideas didn’t pan out, so I was left to improvise at the last minute (Jan 28th). But I did come up with five for the month so hope you enjoy!
1. Dress Up. Who played the game of Dress Up as a child? I think we all did to some extent. Peanut loves the game where she pretends to be Queen Elsa from Frozen. On this day, Queen Elsa has come out of her castle to dine with the common people. I’m sure Twix will be Anna in a few years. And, fortunately, there is already a costume waiting for her.
2. Peek-a-Boo. Another childhood game is Peek-a-Boo and it’s one that Twix has picked up and plays constantly. Funny thing is sometimes she just holds her hand up in front of her face and looks through spread fingers. Like we can’t see her…….
3. The Game of Golf. A lifetime sport, Peanut is starting early with a couple of clubs she received at Christmas. Her Papa and The Floridian are thrilled to possibly have another golfer in the family…even if her attire is a bit unconventional. I’m just happy the balls are foam as she can already wedge a shot over the counter!
4. Cat and Mouse. Now the last two selections get a little sketchy, but please cut me some slack. A few weeks ago, the cats became extremely interested in the accessories by the fireplace. And come to find out their interest was with good reason. Mice. And the only thing faster than a mouse, is a cat in pursuit.
5. Hide and Seek. Similar to Cat and Mouse that was played inside, this game is played outside with the squirrels and the dogs. I’m sure this squirrel is from the same family that likes to torment the dogs by jumping from tree to tree in the backyard. I’m betting the three dogs are in the backyard right now wondering where that @#$% squirrel went….it was just here…..running up the side of the house……
So that’s my five for the month. If you want to see what Fun and Games were played by the rest of the group, hop scotch on over to PJ’s place beginning January 31st.