Hey everyone, Cabo here today with Mom who tells me she has a hugely thankful heart. It all began back on January 20th. Mom and Dad were watching a game where people throw a ball up and down the field and chase each other….my kind of game! There was two minutes left in the game and I was contentedly gnawing on a toy called a nylabone. It didn’t have much taste, but I was bored and no one wanted to play. The next thing I knew, Mom had her hands in my mouth trying to dig out the chunk I’d successfully broken off. But I was too quick for her and swallowed it before she could get it out.
Well, I heard her on the phone and then we went for a ride. It was a place I’d never been before. She called it the emergency vet clinic. Evidently, one should not eat pieces of nylabones. Little did I know that chunk could cause a blockage in my internal tubing and be all kinds of bad for me. Mom gave the okay for them to try to make me vomit it up. Ewwwww…..I didn’t comply with their wishes. So we went back home.
It’s been almost three weeks since that awful experience and I seem to be okay. I haven’t miss a meal and think everything is coming out okay on the other end. Oddly, I cannot find any more nylabones in the house. Mom says I’m a lucky puppy and she’s thankful no harm came of the experience.
Ummm…..Bridget here. I suppose I’m glad the fur ball is okay. Having health issues of my own, I do understand Mom’s worry.
Linking up for Thankful Thursday over at Brian’s Home.