Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures.
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Like sun puddles.
It happens every year….I get to a point where I just can’t stand winter any longer. And I’m there. Now.
I’m tired of being cold. I’m tired of gray days. I’m tired of being inside yet the thought of going out in the cold keeps me tucked away within the walls of my house. This year seems worse than normal. Usually, for the most part, I take the seasons in stride. But, this year, I’ve noticed a shift in my attitude. Most years I can give it until around March’s spring break before I start whining about the cold. Some years, I can bundle up, go and do things unless it’s sub-freezing. Not this year. My motivation is gone. I’ve never been susceptible to SADD syndrome, but think I’ve caught it this year…sort of like the flu.
I have loads of unfinished projects….and no desire to complete them. Here are just a few of the ones with expiration dates of sooner rather than later:
1. Make two flower girl dresses for The Golfer’s wedding on May 11th.
2. Alter mother-of-the-bride dress for said wedding.
3. Finish layout of programs for said wedding and figure out where to get them printed.
4. Exercise and lose 10 pounds before said wedding
5. Take up the shoulders and hem a dress for the oldest daughter’s vacay (aka: delayed honeymoon).
6. Ongoing household responsibilities like cooking…and laundry…and cleaning.
7. Oh yeah, my day job(s).
I think I’ll just sit quietly in the next sun puddle for a while. It may just be the simple pleasure I need.
Playing along with Awww Monday, hosted by Comedy Plus.