Here is it the first of March and I’m a bit late to PJ’s February link-up party this time because I ran away from winter the last part of the month. Yes, I was on vacay to sunny Mexico for a week of fun in the sun. But I didn’t forget about all of you braving the cold back home! Oh nooooo…..I toasted each and every one of you multiple times! 🙂
But I’m back now and ready to brave the rest of the season. So let’s get started with my winter five:
1. There hardly been any of the white stuff in Middle Missouri this year compared to the past couple of winters. But to watch the birds at the feeders, you’d think we should be expecting an avalanche of snow every. single. day. Sharks have nuthin’ on these little, feathered food eaters. Seriously, they can completely empty a feeder in one afternoon.
2. Snow! We finally got measurable snow on Feb 16th. Since she was off school for President’s Day, Peanut insisted we go outside to play. And play we did. And, to top off vacay, we came back to a winter storm that made the drive home from the airport very interesting. More posts sharing the vacay soon.
3. Tanner joined Peanut and me in the snow. Here’s the pupsicle sporting a little white goatee while eagerly anticipating Peanut’s snowball.
4. An exciting event happened in early February. Twix turned ONE! So, while this isn’t a typical winter photo, it is a shot of my favorite snow baby. Family and friends gathered to celebrate a year of cuteness. We did have snow last year at this time. But this day turned out to be about 60F!
5. Yes, this IS a shot of winter…..winter in Cancun! Our family spent a week away from the cold to recharge and reconnect. The Floridian Golfer, her KW, The Investigator, Peanut and Twix joined Entrepreneur and me at the Park Royal resort. We also popped for a local photographer to take our family portrait on the beach. Hope it turns out to be a good one.
So, pull on your parka and boots and stomp on over to PJ’s place to see what winter looks like in other parts of the world.